The electrical manufacturing company is a prominent Indian consumer company with a rich brand history of over 90 years. Under professional management, it operates in two main business segments, namely Lighting and Electrical Consumer Durables. With a vast range of products, it offers customers over 16,000 SKUs to choose from.
Before: challenges in tender management, dealer opportunity management and custom product process
With 100+ pan-India users, the company faced challenges in these key areas-
- Tender opportunity- They needed categorization to handle clauses and decide whether they needed a partner to meet their needs. Cross-company proposal/joint bidding was a limitation.
- The workflow required the BD team to get brand approvals from the required party before proceeding further, leading to delays.
- Handling 3rd party consultants working with the government required managing proposals and a platform to showcase all history.
- Dealer opportunity management: It had to be closed in the same month (Default). Next month, new had to be created if it was not closed by the dealer.
- Custom products process: It required involving product managers, procurement, supply chain, etc., to get the selling price. As there were separate product owners, there was a lengthy process for approval.
- Order scheduling was complicated: For example, for 1000 bulbs – invoice schedule before marking closed Won was required.
Why Salesforce & UBSdigiCloud?
- Salesforce CRM is a leading platform for B2B process integration. It offers one unified system for Lead, Account and Opportunity management – just what our electrical manufacturing client was looking for.
- UBSdigiCloud assisted the client in achieving lead management by implementing a turn-key project management solution using Salesforce custom technology.
- Integrated Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Custom CPQ solution for specific needs.
After: B2B sales process automated, faster quotation, quick information retrieval
- UBSdigiCloud prepared a sales transformation consultation strategy to empower the company’s 100+ users across the country.
- Implemented Salesforce to facilitate the migration of master data and streamline the complex tender execution process, enabling a successful sales strategy.
- The Salesforce Customer product success tool was utilized to involve multiple stakeholders, such as product managers, procurement, and supply chain, in the process.
- All product scheduling and lead management was digitalized, improving speed to market and time to value.
- Salesforce Custom CPQ enabled better decision-making for custom product pricing.
100+ pan-India users aligned
Sales transformation consultation strategy enabled and aligned users company-wide.
Tender execution process streamlined
Automated complex pricing approval logic and authority, bid planning and the complete tender process.